The Gambling Regulatory Authority (GRA) is committed to fostering responsible gambling (RG) to minimise the social harms of gambling.
RG measures are designed to reduce the severity of harm to patrons, vulnerable persons and society at large caused by gambling, or to help in the making of informed decisions about gambling. Some of these RG measures include:
- Pre-commitment programme that enables patrons to set limits on their gambling expenditure or period of continuous gambling;
- Mandatory training for the operator’s employees to identify and assist any patron with signs of gambling related problems;
- Provision of responsible gambling materials at the operator’s premise;
- Assistance to patrons who seek help on RG matters or display signs of problem gambling; and
- Patron education and help services.
Advertising and PromotionAll forms of advertising and promotion relating to licensed gambling are prohibited unless otherwise approved by the GRA.
It is an offence to advertise unlawful gambling in or from Singapore or from outside Singapore to persons situated in Singapore. If found guilty, an individual is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $20,000.
If you encounter any unlawful gambling advertisements, you may report to GRA via the Online Feedback Form.